Refractive surgery is a method for correcting or improving your vision. It is performed on an outpatient basis under local anaesthetic. However it requires a number of conditions.
Therefore a baseline evaluation is required. Patient passes a detailed examination and a series of specific tests.
To determine if refractive surgery is right for you:
- You must be over a certain age: 20 years old.
- Your eyes must be healthy, unaffected with cataract or glaucoma.
- Your cornea must have sufficient thickness and without distortion.
- You must have stable vision.
- You must be in good health: no immune system diseases and not pregnant.